A night on Mount Washington
Last week, I had the incredible opportunity to spend a night at the Mount Washington Observatory, as part of a photo/video shoot that we (Eastern Mountain Sports) were doing. The shoot was partly focused on the programs that the EMS Schools has to offer, partly focused on next fall’s new product, and partly focused on the MWOBS itself. We had a crew of EMS Schools guides, EMS Marketing Staff, and my husband Mike*. The weather was fabulous, the company was great, and the MWOBS staff were friendly, helpful, and fun. Enjoy the following “behind the scenes” pics.
There will be official videos and posts soon, so stay tuned! In the meantime, here’s the gear that kept me warm on the summit.
- EMS Storm Tracker Jkt (coming soon!) – the lightly insulated blue shell you see.
- EMS shell pants (my own, a 2011 model)
- EMS Icarus Jkt – my favorite piece of the shoot! A Primaloft hooded jacket. You can see the guy’s version in the “superman at sunrise” shot above. I did NOT want to give this back! But I did.
- EMS PowerStretch – can enough be said about PowerStretch? I think not.
- Smartwool liners and ski socks
- EMS Techwick baselayer
- Little Hotties hand and toe warmers
- Hats, mittens, goggles, and sunglasses
- All stowed in the EMS Wintergreen pack. Which was awesome!!!
And the expected sales pitch… Are you interested in going up Mount Washington? Click here to learn about the EMS Schools programs - they’ll take you on a great guided day or overnight trip up the mountain! Not into hiking, but want to do an overnight anyway? Click here to check out the overnights offered by Mount Washington.
*This was the first time that Mike & I had left Jacey overnight. A HUGE thank you to my parents for watching her! I’m psyched to say, all 3 of them had a great time AND my folks are willing to do it again. )